Iran’s CHILLING vow of ‘harsh revenge’ against US on anniversary of Soleimani killing | World | News

0

Soleimani was killed by a Donald Trump ordered airstrike on January 3 in a mission “aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans”, the Pentagon said. He was hit by the drone strike at around 1am in Baghdad, Iraq while travelling close to Baghdad International Airport.

Soleimani was commander of the Quds force, the external wing of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, which was listed as a terrorist organisation by the US in April 2019.

Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, leader of the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) and a close Soleimani associate, was also killed in the attack.

On Friday, as reported by Tasnim News, Brigadier General Mohammad Hejazi, deputy chief of the IRGC Quds Force, told reporters of plans for revenge.

He said retaliatory missile attacks on the US military base of Ain al-Assad, Iraq were “slaps” in the face.

But Hejazi warned: “Those are only slaps – the harsh revenge will be taken.”

Nobody died in the Ain al-Assad attack but more than 100 US troops suffered brain injuries.

Missiles launched by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) on two bases followed Soleimani’s burial in his hometown of Kerman.

The PMF is an Iraqi state-sponsored umbrella organization which consists of 40 militias – mostly Shia Muslim groups.

Hejazi’s declaration of a revenge echoes Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, made during a meeting with Soleimani’s family this month – two weeks before the first anniversary of his killing.

READ MORE: Iran commander killed just days after nuclear chief assassination

Rockets hit the embassy in the city’s heavily fortified Green Zone.

He claimed on Twitter: “Our embassy in Baghdad got hit Sunday by several rockets.

“Guess where they came from: IRAN.

“Now we hear chatter about additional attacks against Americans in Iraq … Some friendly health advice to Iran: If one American is killed, I will hold Iran responsible. Think it over.”

An Iraqi military statement said an “an outlawed group” was behind the attack.

The US withdrew staff from the Baghdad embassy earlier this month ahead of the first anniversary of the Soleimani airstrike.

This was said to be a precautionary measure ahead of potential retaliatory attacks.





Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.